‘When you want someone to show up for you…. first you need to show up for yourself’
The most important relationship in your life, is the relationship that you have with yourself. Yet we may become too reliant on other people for our happiness and inner security. Then end up feeling disappointed or rejected, if or when they don’t live up to our expectations.
Sometimes we allow our identity to be defined by our different roles in life, or by our careers. To the extent in some cases, that if we were to strip it all back, we wouldn’t know how to be who we really are.
In close relationships, sometimes our insecurities can be fuelled by how our loved ones are feeling. ‘If they are not ok, then I’m not ok’ or ‘It must be something I have done’ But in truth, just as you are responsible for your happiness, others are responsible for theirs too.
It’s a big ask to expect someone else to shoulder the responsibility for your happiness, especially if they are struggling with their own. The same is true for you, if you are someone who tries to do that
I can assure you, that you have everything you need within you for creating a fulfilling relationship with yourself. Once you really get this, it’s a real life changer and you will see it reflected in your relationships and everyday interactions.
- You feel more confident and secure within yourself
- Your self-esteem improves
- You have more compassion for yourself and others
- Existing relationships get better and more fulfilling
- You attract more positive people and experiences into your life
- You become more discerning about who you build relationships with
- You still feel positive, even when people around you don’t …..which can lift them too
- You feel empowered to let go of relationships that no longer serve you.
- You begin to realise how self-care is a necessity and not a luxury
You make time for yourself to do things that make you feel good
You come back home to you!
With my gentle and effective approaches, I can help you get there…. When you feel better on the inside, everything and everyone around you starts to feel different, in a really good way. This opens new perspectives and possibilities for living the life you really want.
‘Everything in your reality is a result of the relationship you are having with yourself ‘ Roxana Jones (Source HealThruWords.com)